Coffee team is using a Google spreadsheet file to manage all tasks during a sprint.
This guide shows how to convert the tasks from Google to GitLab.
1. Weekly Planning meeting
1.1 Before the meeting
1.1.1 Create Group Milestone to manage sprint
- Refer to this guide: https://stories.magestore.com/t/how-to-manage-sprint-in-gitlab-project-management/1179
- Format: WNo. (dd/mm-dd/mm)
Ex: W13 (06/04 - 10/04)
1.1.2 Create an issue
Step 1. Open new issue and choose a template
- bug_report: Template to report a bug (technical task)
- feature: Template to create an issue relating to technical tasks such as developing a new feature or make some changes on the website
- non_technical_task: Template to create a non-technical task such as building process to publish content on the website
Refer this guide to know how to set up an issue template.
Step 2. Input issue description (please keep format of template for consistency)
Step 3. Set a milestone for the issue if it should be done during the current sprint.
1.2 During the meeting
Select elements for the issue that we need to do in the sprint
- Assignee: the main person in charge
- Time tracking: add estimated time by using command in comment section (Refer to this guide for more information on GitLab commands)
- Labels: select attributes including Priority, Stage, Topic, and Type
Note: For non-technical tasks, you don’t need to select the “Type” label.
Tip: You can create new issues or update issue elements from the board.
2. During the sprint
Drag and drop your issue cards from one stage to the next (which is currently active).
Note: There are no separate stages for technical tasks such as coding, testing and deploying on Luna site, Dev site & Staging site. In this case, they are in the “In Progress” stage, and they are set to Review or Done stage only when being done on the Live site.
To collaborate with your teammate, It’s recommended to use GitLab’s comments. Let’s see an example.
3. Weekly Review meeting
3.1 Before the meeting
Don’t forget to update the task stage, add spending time and attach the result link.